Chris, Daddy Dreamer’s Take on Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruises aren’t just for the Disney Fanatics
Everyone that knows us, knows my wife, Brandy, is obsessed with all things Disney. We have never passed anything Disney in a store without stopping to see it and she can tell you just about any random fact about Disney (which makes her good at this Disney Planning Gig). However, I am a different story.
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy going to Disney World with our children. There is something magical about that place. When she suggested we take a Disney Cruise over all the other cruise lines I had sailed with before, I thought she had gone too far.
She’s the planner though, so I went along with it. All the while thinking about how it was going to be very “in your face” Disney and child centered that I would be bored and sick of it all by day two. I knew there was no way I would enjoy this cruise as much as my past cruises. Of course, she knew what she was talking about and was right (just don’t let her know I admitted that).
Here are some of the myths that are busted after I sailed with Disney Cruise Line:
Before we sailed Disney, I didn’t think there was any difference in the cruise lines.Yes some ships have different offerings and sail to different places, but they all are the same, right?Well after the first day on the ship, I knew that wasn’t right.First, the Cast Members bring a level of service to the cruise experience that I hadn’t experienced before.We have two of the pickiest eaters ever, but our wait staff went out of the way to bring my children what they loved every evening, even when that meant going up to another kitchen for something else. It wasn’t just in the dining room.The entertainment staff knew us by day two and would stop and talk to the children and us whenever they saw us around the ship. Every Cast Member we met was willing to do whatever they could to make sure we were having the best time.
2. It is only for children.
Before we boarded, I had visions that all the activities would be centered around 6 year olds. I thought there would be dancing with princesses, drawing with Chip and Dale, and sword fighting with pirates. Those activities were happening for our children in the kids’ club, but my wife and I were laughing uncontrollably at the adult only hypnotist show, relaxing in the sauna, or taking an animation class. There was even showings of new movies that we hadn’t had time to go see yet.
There was live music for dancing, mini golf, trivia (both Disney and adult only), classes where you learn to cook, characters to visit, the AquaDuck to ride (10 million times), cars to build from vegetables (we won Disney medals), baby races, and much much more. The problem was there wasn’t enough time to do everything we wanted to do.
When my wife said how much the cruise was, I started to say, but wasn’t the other cruise we were looking at less expensive? I decided to just go with it because I knew she was excited about the Disney Cruise.
What I didn’t realize looking at the price was that much more is included in the price of a Disney Cruise over other lines and the quality of everything is better. We had taken an anniversary trip on another line and had a good time, but there were surcharges for everything from soda to the nicer dining. Granted, Disney Cruise Lines does offer adult only dining at an extra charge however, our dining room experience was as great as those nicer options from the other cruise lines.
And whatever you do, don’t ask Brandy about the quality of the shows on the other lines. She will never let me live that disappointing fact down.
Admittedly as much as Brandy loves Disney, I love sports.I love them all. If there is a chance to watch a game, or see the recap and analysis of a game, I am watching. I mean our wedding vows included references to baseball, basketball and football.
When Brandy booked our cruise for October, I was about to go and see a divorce lawyer. Did she forget that October is World Series time?
She assured me that I would be able to watch the games and all the analysis surrounding it all, but I knew she was just trying to get me on the ship and hope I would forget about baseball for a week. What I didn’t know was there was a sports bar I could catch up on my viewing all day long, plus ESPN was on my stateroom tv. She went to enjoy the spa one day while our children were making cupcakes in the kids’ club and I had fun drinking a beer and watching games with other dads.
These are just some of the reason why I loved the Disney Cruise. It has become our favorite family vacation because it combines activities with relaxation like nothing else. So maybe that wife of mine knows something.
We field a lot of questions about why you should use vacation planners for your family. We have created a few reason to help you with why it is a great idea for you.
- It is FREE!!! It cost the exact same price for you to book your trip with us as it does if you book it directly through Disney, Universal Orlando or any other supplier yourself. There is NO additional cost for having two experts to walk you through your booking and planning process and are there for you during your vacation if you need us.
- We can offer additional promotions on top of those being offered by Disney from time to time for just our clients. For example, we are offering additional savings on Adventure by Disney river cruises booked by March 23, 2018 and a Disney Gift Card on select Disney World Packages booked by February 21, 2018.
- Our expert planning services will help you maximize your vacation by ensuring you have a plan to fit your family’s needs before you arrive. Disney and Universal Orlando have a lot to offer at all of their destinations and we don’t want you to miss something you really would enjoy.
- You will have us, Chris and Brandy, to discuss any questions, changes, special requests or concerns with. You can ask how we enjoyed our adult only vacations, family vacations, vacationing while pregnant, vacationing with a baby, toddler and more. No more waiting on the phone for hours to talk to a Disney Customer Service Representative.
- With our free Price Watch Service, we will automatically update the cost of your trip should any pricing promotions come out after your trip is booked that are applicable.
- With a team of over 250 agents, one of our agents is visiting each of the Disney Destinations (Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Disneyland and Disney’s Aulani’s Resort and Spa) and Universal Orlando every month, and sometimes more, to ensure we know DISNEY. We are THE Mouse Experts.
- We know the destinations inside and out. We do our research. We know all the ins and outs. We are here to give that information to you and take the planning stress off of you.
- Did we mention our concierge services are FREE for our clients?!?!?!?!
- More magic, less stress.
- Don’t believe us? Listen to what our clients say:
- Marie “Using a travel agent is a no-brainer! It doesn’t cost you a thing, and they have access to lots of information and special discounts! You just tell them what you want and relax. Brandy was able to save me over a thousand dollars off my upcoming trip to WDW- and I didn’t have to do a thing! This is a great agency to go with! Great communication, a wealth of knowledge, and really cares about clients! I will be recommending them to anyone who wants a hassle free vacation planning experience! Thanks for working so hard for our family, Brandy!!”
- Heidi “I will NEVER plan another Disney trip without the brilliant assistance of Wonders, Dreams and Wishes!! I adore this company, and have enjoyed three STRESS free, perfectly planned Disney trips under their advice and expertise! I read and studied books before my first trip to Disney World, and thought I did a pretty good job of planning! Goodness knows it took me hours! However, once we arrived for our first trip to DW, I soon realized that I had a lot to learn. We were traveling from park to park and hotel to hotel, and wasting a great deal of time traveling. For our second trip to DW, we decided to enlist the help of Wonders, Dreams and Wishes, and I am truly glad we did. I talked to Brandy and told her all that I wanted to accomplish on my trip. She laid out a schedule that optimized our time in each park and cut way down on the traveling from one place to another. Not only did she take every one of my wishes into account, after talking to me, she suggested things like breakfast with Cinderella, knowing that it was something I hadn’t thought of, but would probably be interested in. They really listened to me and learned what my interests and goals for the trip were! After I okayed the schedule, we counted down to the 180 day period in which I could begin making reservations for the restaurants I wanted to attend. I woke up the morning of the 180 day mark to a text from Wonders, Dreams and Wishes letting me know that all the reservations were made! It was awesome! A few weeks before we left for Disney, we received an awesome package, which was CAREFULLY planned out, and had tons of informative tips, including where to find the best desserts and treats, for each park!!! I kept that packet close throughout our vacation!! Planning with Wonders Dreams and Wishes is a no brainer! This is a priceless service, with no price tag! I will be booking another trip with this extremely competent, kind, and thoughtful company!! I cannot express how valuable this company is to me!”
- Sarah “We used Wonders, Dreams and Wishes to plan our first family vacation to Disney World and we won’t go again without using them! They are so knowledgeable and were a big help answering my questions when it came to doing Disney with young kids. They took the stress out of planning a big vacation like Disney and saved us money!!!! Highly, highly recommend Wonders, Dreams and Wishes!!!!”
- Noah “Our vacation was GREAT thanks to y’all. Will definitely use them on our next trip! Thanks again!!”